Categories: Membranes, Membranes for Wastewater
A 1060mm Ultrafiltration membrane element with typical permeate flow of 1.3 m3/hr (5.73 gpm)
Download a detailed specification sheet below
The element is used as the basis for single or multi-element UF systems
• Low fouling: APC UF membranes are made from PES material, which has excellent chemical resistance to strong levels of disinfectants such as peroxide or hypochlorite, allowing sufficient removal of bacterial growth.
• Very fine pore diameter: With a nominal pore diameter of 0.03 μm, APC - UF membranes effectively remove pathogens, most viruses, bacteria. turbidity and silt. In addition, the membrane’s high porosity allows high flux operation (up to 800L/M2/HR ) at a given transmembrane pressure and a given aqueous solution quality.
• Durable double-walled fiber structure: The distinct structure provides excellent durability and resistance against breakage, even with periodic cleaning procedures to remove fouling.
• Inside-Out flow configuration: Systems designed with APC UF use an inside-out flow configuration with Front & Back Flushing, which allows for low clogging and high solids loading, high flow area and easy cleaning.
• Dead-end or concentrate bleed capabilities: Although the primary flow design is dead-end filtration, modules can be easily adapted to a concentrate bleed mode.
• Simple, modular design: APC UF membranes comes in three different modules ( APC- (5,10,20) FL) and can be configured in a simple modular design providing a compact footprint with a production flow (1-1000)GPM and more.
• PVC housing: APC-UF membranes fibers are assembled in one bundle in a protective PVC housing helping to eliminate the need for costly pressure vessels.
The APC-640FL Ultrafiltration membrane element has the following characteristics
- feed connection is 1"
- membrane area is 13 m2 (18600 in2)
- typical permeate flow is 1.3 m3/hr (5.73 gpm)